[Précédent (date)] [Suivant (date)] [Précédent (sujet)] [Suivant (sujet)] [Index par date] [Index par sujet]

Re: Ati Radeon 7500 sur linux

En téléchargeant, le premier ficher des sources, "X410src-1.tgz", le
fichier "INSTALL-X.org" contient le texte suivant:

-------------------

2.  Easy Build Instructions

This quick summary is no substitute for reading the full build instruc-
tions later in this document.

Edit xc/config/cf/site.def for local preferences.  If you want to
install somewhere other than /usr/X11R6.5.1, change ProjectRoot. (Do not
use DESTDIR.)  If you want to build with gcc uncomment the HasGcc2 line.
If you have gcc, but not cc, please read the full build instructions.

If some time has elapsed since the initial release of R6.5.1, check to
see if any public patches have been released. The source tar files may
have been updated -- check the patch-level line in the bug-report tem-
plate. If the source in the tar files has not been updated then get all
the patches and apply them, following the instructions at the top of
each patch. Ignore the rebuild steps in the patch application instruc-
tions.

Check the appropriate vendor-specific .cf file in xc/config/cf/ to make
sure that OSMajorVersion, OSMinorVersion, and OSTeenyVersion are set
correctly for your system. On most systems imake will figure these out
automatically; but you may override them in your xc/config/cf/site.def
if you want.

See if there is a BootstrapCFlags mentioned in the comments in the ven-
dor-specific .cf file. (Most systems don't have or need one. The Boot-
strapCFlags in sun.cf is for SunOS 4.0.x, so if you're building on SunOS
4.1.x or SunOS 5/Solaris 2 then BootstrapCFlags doesn't apply.) If there
isn't one, cd to the xc directory and type (in csh):

     % make World >& world.log

If there is an applicable BootstrapCFlags, take its value and type:

     % make World BOOTSTRAPCFLAGS="value" >& world.log

Do not call the output file "make.log" when doing "make World".  After a
successful build, you can install with:

     % make install >& install.log

You can install manual pages with:

     % make install.man >& man.log

While the system is building (or if things fail), read the rest of these
installation instructions.

Bref, c'est un RTFM!

Nicolas

--
"Directly created organisms have no ancestor,
they are created by the direct action of a designer."